Channel 6.2 Highlights
Channel 6.3 Highlights
70’s and 80’s Soul Rewind (My Music)
My Music captures the smooth, sexy and sophisticated sounds of classic soul, R&B and dance with the greatest groups and solo performers from the 1970s and early 1980s. June 3 at 8 p.m.
Active with Arthritis with Vijay Vad
Dr. Vijay Vad provides up-to-date, state-of-the-art information on treatments and regimens that are proven to improve daily life for anyone suffering with osteoarthritis with emphasis on the common locations of osteoarthritis: knee and hip pain. June 26 at 7 p.m.
Austin City Limits Spoon
- It’s the best in indie rock with Spoon. Austin institution Spoon highlights its album Transference. June 20 at 9 p.m.
Burt Bacharach’s Best (My Music)
For over half-a-century, the immensely popular and immediately identifiable melodies of celebrated composer Burt Bacharach have touched millions of music lovers around the world. June 13 at 7 p.m.
Great Performances Broadway Musicals: A Jewish Legacy
- Find out why the Broadway musical has proven to be such fertile territory for Jewish artists such as Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern, the Gershwins, Stephen Schwartz, and Andrew Lippa. June 2 at 7 p.m.
Great Performances Dance in America: NY Export - Opus Jazz
The 1958 “ballet in sneakers” choreographed by the legendary Jerome Robbins blends ballet, jazz and ballroom with Latin, African and American rhythms. This film production takes the masterpiece into today and places it back into the landscapes that inspired it, filmed on locations all over the five boroughs of New York. June 22 at 9 p.m.
Great Performances Rigoletto
- Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke, Zeljko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughter, Gilda. June 8 at 8 p.m.
Helen of Troy
Bettany Hughes travels across the eastern Mediterranean on an epic journey to find out the truth about Helen of Troy. June 11 at 7 p.m.
Matthew Morrison: Where It All Began
Audiences will be “Glee-ful” to see their darling Mr. Schuester in his own television special. Morrison sustains a modern sensibility as he wins over the audience with American standards - and familiar surprise - including “Lady is a Tramp,” “Younger than Springtime,” “Don’t Mean a Thing,” and “Ease on Down the Road.” June 1 at 8 p.m.
Nature Hummingbirds: Magic in the Air
- New knowledge gained from scientists currently making great breakthroughs in hummingbird biology makes this a perfect time to focus on these shimmering, flashing jewels of the natural world. June 12 at 7 p.m.
Nature Invasion of the Giant Pythons
- Predatory pythons have thrived in the protected wilderness of Everglades National Park. June 19 at 7 p.m.
Nature Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall in the world; this awesome force of nature divides two natural worlds - the tranquil meandering river above the cascade and the raging abyss of the gorge below. June 5 at 7 p.m.
- Through the eyes of funeral director Isaiah Owens, the beauty and grace of African American funerals are brought to life. June 24 at 9 p.m.
Royal Memories: Prince Charles’ Tribute to the Queen
Share Prince Charles’ tribute to Queen Elizabeth - as the nation’s monarch and as his mother. June 23 at 7 p.m.